jffs2, intel flash and i.MX21

Munira Ahmed munira.ahmed at radixs.com
Thu Jun 2 07:01:04 EDT 2005

I am working with i.Mx21 and intel strata nor flash. I wish to use jffs2
and I have got a readymade jffs2 file sytem for nor flash from may be
freescale/motorola. I am told that this file system is supposed to be
mounted by the kernel when it boots up. However it does happen so and
system does not boot at all. Can anybody please tell me what's wrong.

I have enabled mtd, jffs2 and intel flash support with bus size of 32.
The intel flash driver cfi_cmdset_0001.c is also there.

Can anybody please give me a clue

1)	how can I debug that
2) 	which part of the kernel should I look into i.e where do I found the
code to mount the jffs2 in the kernel tree
3) what might be missing in the kernel config
4) any other idea?

--
Munira Ahmed