MTD suspend/resume bug

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Nov 11 06:15:06 EST 2004

On Wed, 2004-11-10 at 20:43 +0000, Russell King wrote:
> Shouldn't the resume function set both cfi->oldstate and cfi->state
> to FL_READY ?

Yes, it probably should. Can you try the (untested) v1.162 from CVS?

You mentioned that we should probably be waiting for any operation to
complete, instead of returning -EAGAIN. Once upon a time, I think these
routines weren't allowed to sleep -- I assume that's changed now?

Still, the upper layers are supposed to have quiesced everything so
there shouldn't _be_ anything happening, surely? Doing it that way may
allow us to just switch to using get_chip() nicely like everyone else
does... I wouldn't be averse to it if someone cares enough to implement
it.

--
dwmw2