Generic nand and DOC

Thomas Gleixner tglx at linutronix.de
Wed Jun 9 06:00:50 EDT 2004

On Tuesday 08 June 2004 16:22, Carlos, John J USAATC wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>   I have been trying to get my DOC Mil plus to work properly.  The code in
> the devices dir that is M-sys specific seems to works for the chip but I
> can't use nandwrite on the chip.  Am I to assume from the lists that the
> goal is to stop using the code in the devices directory and use the generic
> nand/inftl stuff to work for all devices?

The plan is to have a doc driver in drivers/mtd/nand which uses the generic
nand code and overrides the doc specific functions. On top of this (I)NFTL
can be used or JFFS2/YAFFS without the (I)NFTL layer.

Dan Brown is actually working on it.

> The code for DoC_IdentChip is
> very specific, is it the plan that nand_scan will replace the later?

No, this will be part of the doc driver in drivers/mtd/nand

--
Thomas
From slash dot org
mail: tglx at linutronix.de