dual flash banks support

张 浩 zh_chaohao at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 6 09:34:26 EDT 2004

Hi,all

I have an AM33 board and two 16M flash. There are two memory banks on the
board. My mtd version is mtd-snapshot-20030310.

My question is, how to make my board support two 16M flash?

I have selected "MTD concatenating support" and set "Physical length of
flash mapping" to 02000000 in menuconfig.

But when I boot up my board, it reported errors like this.

"FlagaDM flash device: 2000000 at a0000000
 Amd/Fujitsu Extended Query Table v1.1 at 0x0040
FlagaDM flash device: Swapping erase regions for broken CFI table.
number of CFI chips: 1
cfi_cmdset_0002: Disabling fast programming due to code brokenness.
Creating 3 MTD partitions on "FlagaDM flash device":
0x00000000-0x00004000 : "Bootloader"
0x00004000-0x00200000 : "Kernel image"
0x00200000-0x01e00000 : "rootfs"
mtd: partition "rootfs" extends beyond the end of device "FlagaDM flash
device" -- size tru
ncated to 0xe00000
FlagaDM flash device initialized"

Can someone give me some advice?