Corrupted DOC 2000 and Tools Building Problems

Mark Meade mark at lakeshoremicro.com
Fri May 23 20:10:37 EDT 2003

On Thursday 22 May 2003 12:46 pm, Stephen D. Cohen wrote:
> If anyone can suggest a method to revive my scrogged DOC, I will greatly
> appreciate it.

I've had more than a few times when I've thought my DOC was completely dead,
and I've always been able to revive it with an older M-Sys utility called
"docpmap.exe".  I recall that this command could be dangerous - it had the
ability to completely erase the DOC, including the bad block table.

I don't think this utility is available anymore, but similar functionality may
be available through command line options to DFORMAT.

It's also possible that eraseall and nftl_format under Linux could fix things
up, but that may trash the BBT as well.