Corrupted DOC 2000 and Tools Building Problems

Stephen D. Cohen scohen at atlanticpositioners.com
Thu May 22 12:46:34 EDT 2003

Gang,

	I am using linux-2.4.20 on a National Geode based PC.  All worked well
until I tried to create a JFFS2 file system on the raw /dev/mtd0 slice.
Needless to say this scrogged the NFTL formatting on the DOC.  So I figured
I would just reformat it using the DOS utilities available from the
M-Systems web site.  Wrong - I get an "ERROR IPL block is bad, Error
formatting DOC" when I try to use it.  This is on a DOC that worked just
fine until I tried to build the JFFS2 file system.  Whoops.

	I have also tried to build the util sub-tree from the mtd CVS archive.
Unfortunately I get many errors on headers with undefined types.  In
particular, uint32_t is flagged in crc32.h.  There are several others that
cause trouble further down the build, particularly the list structures.  I
am sure others have run in to this and I am doing something simple and
stupid - any help is greatly appreciated.

	If anyone can suggest a method to revive my scrogged DOC, I will greatly
appreciate it.  Any additional information on building the tools will be
gravy.  Heck, a pointer to a recently compiled binary version of the toosl
for i386 alone would be worth its weight in bits.

Regards,

Steve

Stephen D. Cohen
Engineering Manager