USB attached CF device readers

Charles Manning manningc2 at actrix.gen.nz
Fri May 9 22:10:23 EDT 2003

> How do the MTD device drivers treat a CF card that's accessible via
> the USB port, and its associated reader? Just thought I'd ask. I'm not
> even sure how Linux will react to the reader. Or the card even. I can
> supply details about them, but on a private basis.

Firstly, and most importantly, CF - through a USB or any other interface - is
not mtd capable, so mtd does not treat it in any way.

I have a Sandisk USB CF reader. Works great (ie. way better than with
Windows). It uses the Mass Storage class driver. It needs SCSI/IDE configured
and a few other things and appears as /dev/sda1.  There are various howtos on
the www.