JFFS2 Format Documentation?

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Jan 28 08:44:46 EST 2003

phil at river-bank.demon.co.uk said:
> David's paper is a good start but I was after a lower level of detail.
> I need  something from which I can implement a JFFS2 reader from
> scratch (ie. without  any GPL code).

The on-medium format is very simple. The actual layout of the existing node
types is detailed in full in include/linux/jffs2.h. In conjunction with the
theory of operation described in the paper, these should be perfectly
sufficient.

What exactly are you trying to achieve? Simple read-only operation or a
fully-functional compatible file system?

--
dwmw2