JEDEC flash confusion?

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Jun 28 07:16:55 EDT 2001

pastaanta at hotmail.com said:
>  What chip driver should generally be used for JEDEC flash chips? When
>  looking at the MTD snapshots i found both jedec.c, cfi_jedec.c and
> amd_flash.c as possible candidates. Will there be made a "unified"
> JEDEC  driver which incorporates support for all JEDEC flashes?

Hopefully, yes. We'll use the cfi_cmdset_0002 back end, and write a probe
routine which does the necessary magic to identify the chips, then sets up a
faked CFI data structure.

Some work has already been done on this, but it is merged into the real CFI
probe code, which in hindsight was probably the wrong thing to do - it
should be separated into a new probe routine.

pastaanta at hotmail.com said:
> Here is my patch to mtd-snapshot-20010609 to include support for
> Macronix  flash. I hope you can use it. (Is this an OK way to supply
> patches?)

3 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to amd_flash.c.rej

Your mailer ate the whitespace.

--
dwmw2