jffs2_scan_medium effor

Frederic Giasson fgiasson at mediatrix.com
Wed Jun 20 11:24:16 EDT 2001

Hi all,

	I have some sectors on my flash memory that I don't give out to
jffs2 because they contain boot data that I cannot integrate to jffs2.  I
had locked them in a software way in my flash driver by simply not allowing
erase calls on those sectors. Up to this morning it had worked fine.  But
this morning I checked out last CVS code and now the jffs2_scan_medium
function does not seem to like my lock feature.

It says: "Cowardly refusing to erase blocks on filesystem with no valid
JFFS2 nodes."

	I guess that the way I "mapped" my flash is not MTD's way.  Could
someone tell me what should be the "right" way to prevent jffs2 to use
sectors I don't want to give it at mount time?

Thanks!

Frédéric Giasson