more 2.0 compatibility problems

Erwin Authried eauth at softsys.co.at
Fri May 19 13:48:30 EDT 2000

I have tried to use compatmac.h from 2.3.99 to compile for 2.0, without success.
Some definitions in this file are simply wrong.

Further problems:
the functions end_that_request_first and end_that_request_last are missing.
I don't know if they can simply be copied from some recent kernel.

David's definition for __MOD_INC_USE_COUNT and __MOD_DEC_USE_COUNT in
include/linux/mtd/compatmac.h doesn't work, the usage count in 2.0 kernels is
implemented in a different way. Is there an easy way to implement this functionality
for 2.0 kernels?

Regarding the userspace copy problem in mtdchar.c:
If a kernel buffer is used to hold the data for flash writes, may there be problems
with some flash hardware if the write is splitted up into small chunks?

-Erwin