mtd devices & jffs

Juan Gonzo kayemmess at yahoo.ca
Tue Jul 11 17:23:23 EDT 2000

I guess the problem I am going to run into is that I don't
want to erase all of the flash, nor do I want JFFS to use
all of the flash.  Part of the flash will have a kernel
image burned into, and another part is being used for config
data etc.  And then the filesystem is supposed to have its
chunk of flash to use.

Is this possible?  Looking through the JFFS code, they hardcode
the start address for their scan at 0x0 and get the end addr
based on the size of the total flash.  Is there a way to tell
JFFS "start at this addr and only use this much space" without
changing this code?

Thanks,
   -- kelly