Simple Newbie Questions for MTD and JFFS

mark.langsdorf at amd.com mark.langsdorf at amd.com
Fri Aug 25 12:21:49 EDT 2000

After a lot of running around in circles and poking at the
code, I've finally gotten my AMD-CFI flash bank to mount
with jffs.  That's great, but now what do I do?

If I copy a file directly into the mount point, it doesn't
show up the next time I mount the flash.  If I use mkfs.jffs
to create an image and copy that into flash, I can see the
image but I can't access the files that I put into it.

I guess I'm asking if there's any documentation or hints on
how to use the files in the util/ directory, as well as how
mtd and jffs are supposed to work once they've mounted.

Mark Langsdorf
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc             Tel: 512.602.3756
5204 E. Ben White Blvd. M/S 590         Fax: 512.602.5051
Austin, TX 78741                        mark.langsdorf at amd.com