Re: ❌ FAIL: Test report for kernel 5.11.0-rc4 (arm-next)

Rachel Sibley rasibley at redhat.com
Fri Jan 22 09:57:23 EST 2021

On 1/22/21 6:49 AM, Will Deacon wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 22, 2021 at 04:46:27AM -0000, CKI Project wrote:
>> We ran automated tests on a recent commit from this kernel tree:
>>
>>         Kernel repo: https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/arm64/linux.git
>>              Commit: 3c50969f0be2 - Merge branches 'for-next/from-tip/irq/urgent', 'for-next/misc', 'for-next/perf', 'for-next/random', 'for-next/rng', 'for-next/selftests', 'for-next/stacktrace', 'for-next/topology' and 'for-next/vdso' into for-next/core
>>
>> The results of these automated tests are provided below.
>>
>>      Overall result: FAILED (see details below)
>>               Merge: OK
>>             Compile: OK
>>               Tests: FAILED
>>
>> All kernel binaries, config files, and logs are available for download here:
>>
>>    https://arr-cki-prod-datawarehouse-public.s3.amazonaws.com/index.html?prefix=datawarehouse-public/2021/01/21/621932
>>
>> One or more kernel tests failed:
>>
>>      aarch64:
>>       ❌ LTP
>
> Hmm, this seems to be as a result of this error:
>
>       7	netns_breakns 1 TINFO: timeout per run is 0h 5m 0s
>       8	RTNETLINK answers: Operation not permitted
>       9	netns_breakns 1 TBROK: unable to create veth pair devices
>      10	Cannot find device "veth0"
>
> (https://arr-cki-prod-datawarehouse-public.s3.amazonaws.com/datawarehouse-public/2021/01/21/621932/build_aarch64_redhat%3A1078955/tests/LTP/9444882_aarch64_1_containers.fail.log)
>
> which doesn't look immediately related to anything we've queued on the arm64
> side. CKI folks -- have you seen this failure anywhere else, and is it
> reproducible?

The netns suite was recently rewritten upstream so most likely a result of an unstable test case, Li/Jan do you have more details ?
I'm attempting to reproduce it right now, will keep you you updated:

https://github.com/linux-test-project/ltp/commit/cc82df62b26f6bbf63a4f375a98019af44ae023d

Thanks,
Rachel