❌ FAIL: Test report for kernel 5.11.0-rc4 (arm-next)

Will Deacon will at kernel.org
Fri Jan 22 06:49:23 EST 2021

On Fri, Jan 22, 2021 at 04:46:27AM -0000, CKI Project wrote:
> We ran automated tests on a recent commit from this kernel tree:
>
>        Kernel repo: https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/arm64/linux.git
>             Commit: 3c50969f0be2 - Merge branches 'for-next/from-tip/irq/urgent', 'for-next/misc', 'for-next/perf', 'for-next/random', 'for-next/rng', 'for-next/selftests', 'for-next/stacktrace', 'for-next/topology' and 'for-next/vdso' into for-next/core
>
> The results of these automated tests are provided below.
>
>     Overall result: FAILED (see details below)
>              Merge: OK
>            Compile: OK
>              Tests: FAILED
>
> All kernel binaries, config files, and logs are available for download here:
>
>   https://arr-cki-prod-datawarehouse-public.s3.amazonaws.com/index.html?prefix=datawarehouse-public/2021/01/21/621932
>
> One or more kernel tests failed:
>
>     aarch64:
>      ❌ LTP

Hmm, this seems to be as a result of this error:

     7	netns_breakns 1 TINFO: timeout per run is 0h 5m 0s
     8	RTNETLINK answers: Operation not permitted
     9	netns_breakns 1 TBROK: unable to create veth pair devices
    10	Cannot find device "veth0"

(https://arr-cki-prod-datawarehouse-public.s3.amazonaws.com/datawarehouse-public/2021/01/21/621932/build_aarch64_redhat%3A1078955/tests/LTP/9444882_aarch64_1_containers.fail.log)

which doesn't look immediately related to anything we've queued on the arm64
side. CKI folks -- have you seen this failure anywhere else, and is it
reproducible?

Thanks,

Will