Old platforms: bring out your dead

Arnd Bergmann arnd at kernel.org
Sun Jan 10 12:27:12 EST 2021

On Sun, Jan 10, 2021 at 5:48 PM Andrew Lunn <andrew at lunn.ch> wrote:

> > For this platform, I'm most interested in whether there are still users
> > that rely on board files instead of DT. AFAIU we could just fold
> > the DT variant into arch-mvebu like kirkwood was, right?
>
> Hi Arnd
>
> I'm actually booting my device using a board file. But Debian
> flash-kernel is pretty unhappy about that. The bootloader i have on
> this machine is too old to passed DT blob. I will test appended DT
> blob still works. And see if we have any board files which also don't
> have a DT representation.

It may help to ask for these at
https://github.com/1000001101000/Debian_on_Buffalo/,
I already contacted them about mv78xx0. I tried to find
out how the Linkstation/Terastation board files map to the
dts files, but couldn't figure it out either. It seems they
want to keep supporting all those machines and can probably
help out ensure that there are dts files for each one.

      Arnd