Steps to submit a new arch/arm port

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Fri Sep 25 06:17:03 PDT 2015

On Friday 25 September 2015 15:06:32 Mason wrote:
> On 22/09/2015 16:51, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
>
> > Move this to the platform Kconfig file. Also, drop all the
> > 'select' statements that are implied by ARCH_MULTIPLATFORM
> > and ARCH_MULTI_V7
>
> I've trimmed my platform Kconfig down to:
>
> config ARCH_TANGO4
>         bool "Sigma Designs Tango4 (SMP87xx)"
>         default y

drop the default

add
	depends on CPU_MULTI_V7

>         select ARCH_HAS_HOLES_MEMORYMODEL
>         select ARM_ERRATA_754322
>         select ARM_ERRATA_764369

	add 'if SMP'

>         select ARM_GIC
>         select CACHE_L2X0

remove CACHE_L2X0, we want to be able to turn this off.

>         select CLKSRC_MMIO
>         select GENERIC_IRQ_CHIP
>         select HAVE_ARM_SCU
>         select HAVE_ARM_TWD

	'if SMP'

>         select NEON
>         select SMP

These should be user-selectable as well, so drop the 'select'
and make sure the kernel builds with them turned off.

> Didn't find much documentation on ARCH_HAS_HOLES_MEMORYMODEL.
> What is it used for?

You need this if the RAM is not physically contiguous, e.g. 256MB at one
address and another 256MB somewhere else.

> Is it OK to select CACHE_L2X0, NEON, and SMP?

no

	Arnd