mysterious crashes on OMAP5 uevm

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at arm.linux.org.uk
Wed Sep 16 03:07:07 PDT 2015

On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 08:31:44PM +0300, Grazvydas Ignotas wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 10:35 PM, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller
> <hns at goldelico.com> wrote:
> >
> > Am 14.09.2015 um 21:02 schrieb Tony Lindgren <tony at atomide.com>:
> >
> >> * Russell King - ARM Linux <linux at arm.linux.org.uk> [150914 05:16]:

> >> While we're waiting for Grazvydas to test.. Looks good to me:
> >>
> >> Acked-by: Tony Lindgren <tony at atomide.com>
> >
> > I have tested on:
> > * GTA04 with DM3730 (OMAP3)
> > * Pyra prototype with OMAP5432
> > No X server crashes seen any more.
> >
> > Tested-by: H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com>
>
> Tested-by: Grazvydas Ignotas <notasas at gmail.com>
> on OMAP5 uevm running v4.2 built with omap2plus_defconfig.
> On v4.3-rc1 hsmmc controller probe is deferred for whatever reason and
> never reprobes, so my rootfs is never mounted and I could not test,
> but that looks unrelated.

Thanks.

> I guess it's worth marking this one for stable.

Indeed.

Having looked closer at the ARM ARM, these bits on older CPUs are marked
as UNK/SBZP (unknown, should be zero or preserved).  So it's safe to get
rid of that #if entirely.  Removing that #if won't affect the validity
of your testing as you've only tested on ARMv7 platforms with ARMv6
included in the kernel.

according to speedtest.net.