[RFC 3/4] arm64: Do not call enable PCI resources when specify PCI_PROBE_ONLY

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Tue Jun 23 15:34:28 PDT 2015

On Mon, 2014-09-29 at 12:17 -0600, Bjorn Helgaas wrote:
> This seems like more than necessary, but I don't know all the history.
> In particular, I don't know why PCI_PROBE_ONLY should make a
> difference to things like claiming resources.

It shouldn't ... we created that option on ppc originally to avoid
allocation/reallocation of resources. If they are bad, leave them bad,
but it was never a question of disabling all these other things.

(Ok, the MRSS/MPS is debatable, but why not plumb the parent pointers
and why not claim ? That doesn't make sense to me).

Cheers,
Ben.