ARMADA 370 - Distributed Switch Architecture (dsa) - device tree

Richard Cochran richardcochran at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 04:35:09 PDT 2014

On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 11:25:17AM -0700, Guenter Roeck wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 12:14:41PM +0200, post at twien.net wrote:
> > Dear all,
> > I have a custom board equipped with an ARMADA 370 SoC (88f6W11) and
> > a Marvell switch chip (88e6352) (I have written a device driver for
> > the latter).
>
> Hi Tormod,
>
> coincidentially, I have a DSA driver for 88e6352 almost ready for submitting it
> upstream. What are your plans for your driver ? Do you plan to submit it
> upstream ? Either case, it would be great if you could share a pointer to it
> so we can make sure that it works for both our use cases.
>
> I have made my patch set available in the 'dsa' branch of
> https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/groeck/linux-staging.git
> in case you are interested.

I am working on a driver for the 88E6350/88E6351 (similar to 6352?),
especially to enable the PTP functionality. It should be done in about
four weeks.

In order to move away from all of the hardcoded numbers for register
access in the current dsa drivers, I have started to make macros for
the various registers, bits, and fields. If you are interested, I
could share that already...

Thanks,
Richard