Samsung-clk patches for 3.15

Tomasz Figa tomasz.figa at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 19:17:42 EST 2014

On 28.01.2014 01:09, Kukjin Kim wrote:
> Tomasz Figa wrote:
>>
>> [Forgot to Cc Mike...]
>>
>> On 24.01.2014 15:38, Tomasz Figa wrote:
>>> Hi,

>>> Linux 3.14 is going to include Andrzej Hajda's patches converting
>>> Samsung clock drivers to use clock ID defines in include/dt-bindings,
>>> instead of local enums, but to avoid unnecessary merge conflicts we
>>> have converted only the clock driver, leaving DTS files unchanged yet.
>>>
>>> We intend to complete the conversion in 3.15, by replacing magic
>>> numbers in DTS files with respective preprocessor macros, but to
>>> reduce potential conflicts we need help of you, Samsung clock patches
>> authors :).
>>>
>>> I'd like to ask anybody who already has patches for DTS files adding
>>> any clock-related contents still using numeric IDs, e.g. clock
>>> properties in nodes or full nodes containing clock properties, to make
>>> sure that the patches are merged before Andrzej sends the conversion
>>> patches. Then Andrzej's script will generate patches updating all
>>> clock properties, leaving no numeric IDs in DTS files.
>>>

> There are several DTS patches in v3.14-drop/soc-exynos-2 branch of my tree
> for 3.15 and it will be merged after done of multiplatform, I need to rebase
> them based on v3.14-rc1 though...So I think, would be better if we could
> update DTS with using Andrzej's script after merging it into arm-soc...

Basically my intention is to:

1) Have any existing patches using clock numbers merged in reasonable
period of time (to not miss the merge window with DTS conversion patches).

2) Stop accepting such patches anymore.

3) Rerun Andrzej's script and convert all device tree sources to use
clock macros.

Andrzej's patches for DTSes should go through your tree anyway (as any
Samsung DTS patches by default), so it shouldn't be a problem,
regardless of merging anything into arm-soc.

Best regards,
Tomasz