Samsung-clk patches for 3.15

Kukjin Kim kgene.kim at samsung.com
Mon Jan 27 19:09:29 EST 2014

Tomasz Figa wrote:

> [Forgot to Cc Mike...]
>
> On 24.01.2014 15:38, Tomasz Figa wrote:
> > Hi,

> > Linux 3.14 is going to include Andrzej Hajda's patches converting
> > Samsung clock drivers to use clock ID defines in include/dt-bindings,
> > instead of local enums, but to avoid unnecessary merge conflicts we
> > have converted only the clock driver, leaving DTS files unchanged yet.
> >
> > We intend to complete the conversion in 3.15, by replacing magic
> > numbers in DTS files with respective preprocessor macros, but to
> > reduce potential conflicts we need help of you, Samsung clock patches
> authors :).
> >
> > I'd like to ask anybody who already has patches for DTS files adding
> > any clock-related contents still using numeric IDs, e.g. clock
> > properties in nodes or full nodes containing clock properties, to make
> > sure that the patches are merged before Andrzej sends the conversion
> > patches. Then Andrzej's script will generate patches updating all
> > clock properties, leaving no numeric IDs in DTS files.

There are several DTS patches in v3.14-drop/soc-exynos-2 branch of my tree
for 3.15 and it will be merged after done of multiplatform, I need to rebase
them based on v3.14-rc1 though...So I think, would be better if we could
update DTS with using Andrzej's script after merging it into arm-soc...

> > If you are just starting your work on a patch that introduces changes
> > as mentioned above, please make sure to already use clock macros, not
> > numeric IDs. Otherwise you risk having needless rebases with a lot of
> > conflicts. You have been warned ;).

Thanks,
Kukjin