regression: OMAP4 (next-20141204) (bisect to: ARM: 8208/1: l2c: Refactor the driver to use commit-like)

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at arm.linux.org.uk
Mon Dec 22 09:28:38 PST 2014

On Mon, Dec 22, 2014 at 11:12:42AM -0600, Nishanth Menon wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 22, 2014 at 11:04 AM, Russell King - ARM Linux
> <linux at arm.linux.org.uk> wrote:
> > That only leaves the non-DT stuff to worry about this, and from what I
> > understand, that's going to be removed soon.  If we're going to keep
> > the non-DT stuff, we should implement a new machine_desc hook for it
> > instead of hijacking one of the existing callbacks.
>
> none of the PL310 support requires non-DT. PL310 is needed for OMAP4
> and AM437x both of which are DT only.

Right, so the simple answer for the time being is to kill most of
omap_l2_cache_init(), leaving just the ioremap() behind.  Everything
else can go into the machine_desc structures, and OMAP4 and AM437x
can both benefit from initialising the L2 cache at exactly the same
point as most other platforms.

--
FTTC broadband for 0.8mile line: currently at 9.5Mbps down 400kbps up
according to speedtest.net.