regression: OMAP4 (next-20141204) (bisect to: ARM: 8208/1: l2c: Refactor the driver to use commit-like)

Nishanth Menon nm at ti.com
Mon Dec 22 09:12:42 PST 2014

On Mon, Dec 22, 2014 at 11:04 AM, Russell King - ARM Linux
<linux at arm.linux.org.uk> wrote:

> Nishanth - can we push OMAP over to using the generic DT L2C
> initialisation (the one from init_IRQ in arch/arm/kernel/irq.c) and
> kill the SoC specific stuff in arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap4-common.c ?
>
> From what I can see, in the DT case, the only thing which is used
> there is the ioremap() to provide omap4_get_l2cache_base() with
> something to return.  Everything else - the initialisation of the
> l2c_write_sec pointer, and the aux mask and values - can be specified
> via the machine_desc struct.

I think this is what Marek proposed. I had requested for patches to be
reposted with linux-omap in CC so that we can test and provide
feedback.

> That only leaves the non-DT stuff to worry about this, and from what I
> understand, that's going to be removed soon.  If we're going to keep
> the non-DT stuff, we should implement a new machine_desc hook for it
> instead of hijacking one of the existing callbacks.

none of the PL310 support requires non-DT. PL310 is needed for OMAP4
and AM437x both of which are DT only.

--
---
Regards,