Inte IOP Xscale updates

Dan Williams dan.j.williams at intel.com
Mon Sep 9 18:10:27 EDT 2013

On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 5:01 AM, Linus Walleij <linus.walleij at linaro.org> wrote:
> Hi XScale folks,
>
> I haven't really seen any functional patches or confirmation that the
> XScale machines in arch/arm/iop* are even booting since 2010 or
> so.
>
> Can you confirm that you boot-test these machines regularly?

I lost access to my boards when I left, but now that I am back I am
trying to track them down.  iop32x may be the only boards that matter
here, I never saw an iop13xx outside of the development board.

> I am worried that we maintain code that is not used or even working
> see.
>
> What are your thought about multiplatform and device tree? I am
> pretty certain that if the iop machines were converted to device tree
> we could collapse these machines into one directory with few files,
> but I may be wrong.

I have not been following device-tree conversions for how they handle
legacy boot loaders?

...I'll just start with reviewing your gpio conversion.

--
Dan