Inte IOP Xscale updates

Linus Walleij linus.walleij at linaro.org
Mon Sep 9 02:37:54 EDT 2013

On Sat, Sep 7, 2013 at 12:45 PM, Mikael Pettersson <mikpe at it.uu.se> wrote:

> As long as they doesn't cause any maintenance problems I think we
> should just leave the IOP platforms as-is.

Well I looked over all machines last week and for IOP there is
one thing that stand out, and it's that iop32x and iop33x are
using <mach/gpio.h> and that is a headache for me as GPIO
maintainer, as I want to consolidate that subsystem and get
away from custom GPIO headers.

But I take it that you're ready to test patches for me, so
I'll hopefully get around to propose something for the
iop32x :-)

Basically I'd move <asm/hardware/iop3xx-gpio.h> down
into drivers/gpio as a gpiochip instead.

Yours,
Linus Walleij