[GIT PULL] Late Exynos stuff for v3.10

Olof Johansson olof at lixom.net
Tue Apr 23 20:06:38 EDT 2013

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 07:09:27AM +0900, Kukjin Kim wrote:

> Arnd, Olof,
>
> Since above request should be too late, so I did sort out like
> following. I think, it should be fine to you ;-) Sorry for noise.
>
> Note that others will be queued for v3.11.

[..]

>  ----------------------------------------------------------------
>  This includes late exynos stuff for v3.10 and 2nd version for pull
> request 1) enables usb2phy, usb3phy and dwc3-exynos for exynos5250
> 2) support chip id with dt
>
>  ----------------------------------------------------------------
>  Doug Anderson (1):
>        ARM: dts: Disable the RTC by default on exynos5
>
>  Thomas Abraham (3):
>        ARM: dts: add mshc controller node for Exynos4x12 SoCs
>        ARM: EXYNOS: Create virtual I/O mapping for Chip-ID
> controller using device tree
>        ARM: dts: Add chip-id controller node on Exynos4/5 SoC
>
>  Vivek Gautam (5):
>        ARM: dts: Enabling samsung-usb2phy driver for exynos5250
>        ARM: dts: Enabling samsung-usb3phy driver for exynos5250
>        ARM: dts: Add device tree bindings for dwc3-exynos
>        ARM: dts: Enabling dwc3-exynos driver for exynos5250
>        ARM: EXYNOS: Enable XHCI support on exynos5

Can I please ask you to make our life a little easier by telling us what the
specific problems these patches solve are? What I am looking for is something
along the lines of:

--

This branch includes some last-minute enablements of DT contents for features
that are queued for 3.10:

It also contains a fix to disable RTC on exynos [because ... you fill in this
part].

--

It doesn't have to be something super-elaborate, but I'd like it to be sort of
self-documenting in a way that I don't have to look through the series of

Thanks!

-Olof