[RFC v1] regulator: core: introduce regulator chain locking scheme

Grygorii Strashko grygorii.strashko at ti.com
Thu Apr 18 12:29:35 EDT 2013

On 04/15/2013 07:40 PM, Mark Brown wrote:
>>> I've still not seen any use case articulated for doing this...
>> Use case is introduced in ABB series:
> Sorry, I meant any sensible use case.
Hi Mark,

Thanks for you comments. I'll split it to 3 patches:
- abstract locking out into helper functions;
- introduce regulator chain locking scheme
- allow reentrant calls into the regulator framework (with hope that is
has future,
may be can enable/disable it through constraints)

I understand that Regulator FW is common and wide used and we should
very careful here.

Regards,
- grygorii