[GIT PULL] Timer clean-ups for 3.10, Part 2

Olof Johansson olof at lixom.net
Tue Apr 16 15:24:01 EDT 2013

On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 08:36:23AM -0500, Rob Herring wrote:
> On 04/13/2013 01:50 AM, Olof Johansson wrote:

> >> Ok, nice!
> >>
> >> There are various bits for which I'd like to see Russell's ACK before
> >> we send them Linuswards, but it all looks good to me.
> >>
> >> I would put it into arm-soc tomorrow, and hopefully Haojian Zhuang is
> >> able to send an updated version of his hisilicon platform code based
> >> on top of this in time for the merge window. The patches are all
> >> reviewed but just waiting for the sp804 changes now, and since
> >> it's a new platform, I'm not worried about regressions.
> >
> > I've pulled this in as a late/clksrc branch now, so that we keep it separate
> > from the other work in case Russell ends up having comments on it when he is
> > back online.
> >
> > Also, I based the branch on samsung/mct and samsung/clk, since they had merge
> > conflicts. Kukjin, Rob, please confirm that I've resolved them properly.
>
> It is quite messed up because the mct timer changes are not based on
> arm-soc/clksrc/cleanup. Any timer changes adding CLKSRC_OF support need
> to be based on this. I've fixed it up in this branch (untested):
>
> git://sources.calxeda.com/kernel/linux.git exynos-mct-merge
>
> I merged with clksrc-cleanup-for-3.10-part2 and fixed it in the merge,
> but really either the mct branch should be rebased or some of the
> changes can be a preparatory commit before merging.

Sigh. I'd like to just drop the Exynos MCT patches, but they're now a bit down
into the next/drivers branch with various dependencies into later branches too.

Given that things are already broken, I'll just fix this up in an incremental
patch on top of the late/clksrc branch for now.

> Also, I really don't like how intermingled the DT and non-DT init is in
> the exynos code. We should remove of_have_populated_dt so we don't have
> stuff like this:

Agreed. Hopefully we can remove the non-DT code when Exynos is going DT-only.

> I went thru arm-soc/for-next and all the other conversions not done by
> me (mxs, sirf, zynq) are based on clksrc/cleanup.

Good.

-Olof