Conflict between Versatile Express DT conversion and local timer updates

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Tue Mar 13 10:33:07 EDT 2012

On Tuesday 13 March 2012, Marc Zyngier wrote:
> On 13/03/12 11:55, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> > On Tuesday 13 March 2012, Marc Zyngier wrote:
> >> On 13/03/12 10:15, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:

> > d) create a new next/timer branch in arm-soc that has Pawel's
> >    98ed4ceb "ARM: vexpress: Get rid of MMIO_P2V" (the first patch from
> >    vexpress/dt, your patches and the ux500/timer series. Also put
> >    98ed4ceb into the next/cleanup branch.
> >
> > Any of those will work for us, my preference would be on #4. I have
> > created the next/timer branch in the arm-soc tree, so you can use
> > that and either rebase your patches on top or merge your tree into
> > it and fix up the merge conflicts.
>
> Thanks for doing that Arnd.
>
> I've thus created a new branch:
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/maz/arm-platforms.git
> local_timers-for-arm-soc
>
> which contains the arm-soc next/timers branch as well as my local timers
> series. I'd greatly appreciate if you could pull it for 3.4.

I've updated the next/timer branch with your changes now, but did not
put it into the for-next branch because Olof is currently handling that.

Olof, can you add it to for-next please? The timer branch should have
no dependencies other than rmk/for-armsoc, so it can be fairly close to
the start.

	Arnd