Status of arch/arm in linux-next

Linus Walleij linus.walleij at linaro.org
Fri Apr 22 07:46:28 EDT 2011

2011/4/22 Linus Walleij <linus.walleij at linaro.org>:

> The big deviating thing is the clock tree, which also use calls to
> the PRCMU. I would argue that the problem is rather that clocks
> are not modeled as devices rather than that the PRCMU would
> be modeled as an MFD device.

Which sort of begets the question of whether Russell is OK with
pushing clock tree implementations to drivers/clk/*...

I'll be perfectly happy doing that too, so if I:

- Put the PRCMU driver in drivers/mfd/prcmu-db8500.c
- Put the cpufreq driver in drivers/cpufreq/cpufreq-db8500.c
- Put the clock tree in drivers/clk/clock-db8500.c

My diffstat (which was 50% of the ARM +++ in the next tree)
will most certainly instead go to NEGATIVE in arch/arm/* and
be an appetizing pull target.

Needless to say it'll require some ACK:ing. I have mixed feelings
about this but it does depopulate the ARM tree.

Yours,
Linus Walleij