Libnl questions

Tchang Chen (ST-CO/ENG1.3) Chen.Tchang at nl.bosch.com
Tue Apr 26 05:16:40 EDT 2011

Hi,

I would like to use iw-0.9.22 in combination with cfg80211, libnl and Linux kernel 2.6.37-4.
I noticed that cfg80211 is part of the Linux kernel distribution 2.6.37-4.

Q1: Can I use the latest libnl-3.0  in combination with the software mentioned above ?
      Or do I have to apply an earlier version ? If so, which version will fit best ?

Q2: I understand that nl80211 and cfg80211 are intended to replace Wireless-Extensions.
      Do is the additional value of nl80211 ? Will cfg80211 be sufficient for setup and configuration ?

Q3: I suspect that libnl should be implemented as user kernel module in kernel space.
      Is this assumption correct ?

Q4: Are there any other issues, which should be taken in mind  for achieving a succesful implementation ?

My hardware platform:
PetaLinux v2.1 (embedded Linux 2.6.37-4 for a MicroBlaze softcore processor on a FPGA)

Hope you can help me with these questions,

Thx and best regards,

Chen

Chen C. Tchang
BOSCH Security systems B.V.