Firmware download problem

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Mon Mar 2 23:31:20 EST 2009

On Tue, 2009-03-03 at 11:53 +0800, Jacky Lam wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> 	I have some problem in downloading the Marvel 8385 firmware found in
> the Git tree. After successfully downloading the helper and sd8385.bin,
> timeout error is always resulted.

How exactly did you get the firmware?  Did you do a "git clone", or did
you download from http://git.kernel.org using Firefox or another web
browser?  I've heard reports that the gitweb server is screwing up
firmware when downloading through browsers.  If you want to ensure you
get the firmware correctly, always clone the repo with git directly.

What are the md5 signatures of your helper and main firmware files?

Dan