How to keep sd8686 transmitting data using a fixed channel?

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Fri Dec 25 15:04:17 EST 2009

On Tue, 2009-12-22 at 10:14 +0800, Ivan Li wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> We are doing a test to find out the transmitting power of the sd8686, which is needed by SAR.
> I am wondering if libertas has some programming interface to set the freqency (channel) and issue an infinite data Tx?

The channel can be set with standard WEXT commands and 'iwconfig'.  What
I'd do here is to set up an adhoc BSS where the 8686 is the only station
and then start pumping out packets of some type.  Flood pings perhaps.
You can get the device up on a channel by doing somethign like:

iwconfig eth1 mode adhoc essid foobar channel 6
<periodically run iwconfig and wait for the BSSID to become non-zero>

then start pumping the frames out.

Dan