Status update for 8686 SDIO on AT91SAM9263?

Hans J. Koch hjk at linutronix.de
Thu May 22 17:31:00 EDT 2008

On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 01:55:06PM -0600, Simon Twogood wrote:
> Hi all, I'm attempting to use an 8686 chip from Wi2Wi with SDIO on the
> AT91SAM9263 and I'm running into an error. I found the following thread
> which is very similar:
>
> http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/libertas-dev/2008-January/001145.html
>
> In my case, the error is 'libertas: Command 3 timed out'.
>
> Should I attempt to apply the patches provided in the above thread, or
> is my error the result of some other problem?

Hi Simon,
what kernel are you using? Actually, I hoped that these patches made it
into mainline after being confirmed by several users. I didn't check,
though, as I didn't upgrade this project's kernel since then.

I remember the problem was not a libertas issue, but an SDIO problem.
There was this padding-to-multiples-of-4 patch where people didn't agree
who should apply it...

Thanks,
Hans