Problem bringing up module...
dave at aeryon.com
Thu Mar 13 18:40:46 EDT 2008
:) Sorry for all the spam to the list guys...
Even MORE suspicious, is the fact that 0x8003 (which is my command
response) is 32771. So it must be indexing into the array incorrectly.
It's strange that this breaks now, since I used to have things running
properly with old code. That makes me think it's not something strange
the cross compiler is doing.
Dave Kroetsch wrote:
> In follow up....
> It seems that 32771 is like the 2's complement of 2 (or close to it) :)
> I wonder if there is some signed/unsigned problem? Perhaps
> surrounding the le16_to_cpu macro? Or a compiler assumption?
> Dave Kroetsch wrote:
>> Dan Williams wrote:
>> > My thought here was that since the recent cmd/response mixup fixes
>> > aren't in wireless-2.6, the data from the logs running wireless-2.6
>> > isn't going to be reliable. Best to repeat with wireless-testing and
>> > see what the output there is for the failed command, and then we havea
>> > much better chance of tracking the issue down via the logs.
>> So following Dan's advice, I've updated to the wireless-testing tree,
>> and I have the same problem. The logs are attached below:
>> [ 40.290000] libertas enter: lbs_init_module():1471
>> [ 40.290000] libertas leave: lbs_init_module():1473
>> [ 40.310000] libertas_cs enter: if_cs_init():953
>> [ 40.310000] libertas_cs enter: if_cs_probe():754
>> [ 40.310000] pr: COR
>> [ 40.360000] libertas_cs cs: irq 54, io 0xc3880000-0xc388007f
>> [ 40.360000] libertas_cs enter: if_cs_prog_helper():447
> libertas-dev mailing list
> libertas-dev at lists.infradead.org
More information about the libertas-dev