Problem bringing up module...

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Thu Mar 13 10:24:51 EDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-03-13 at 08:25 +0100, Holger Schurig wrote:
> On Wednesday 12 March 2008 20:45:24 Dave Kroetsch wrote:
>
> > libertas host: CMD_RESP: response 0x8003, seq 32771, size 46, jiffies 4294939536
> > libertas host: CMD_RESP: error 0x8003 in command reply 0x8003
>
> Just do as Dan Williams said and try wireless-testing first, see
> http://linuxwireless.org/en/developers/Documentation/git-guide
>

> Then notice that you got an error 0x8003 for response 0x8003.

My thought here was that since the recent cmd/response mixup fixes
aren't in wireless-2.6, the data from the logs running wireless-2.6
isn't going to be reliable.  Best to repeat with wireless-testing and
see what the output there is for the failed command, and then we have a
much better chance of tracking the issue down via the logs.

Dan