Diversity mode on 8385

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Mon Mar 10 11:53:24 EDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-03-10 at 16:11 +0100, Holger Schurig wrote:
> > I'd personally go for one of these two, in this order:
> >
> > 1) debugfs item
>
> Debugfs is for *debugging*. However, selecting diversity or
> forcing an antenna has nothing to do with debugging. Some
> embedded target might have debugfs turned of to save space, in
> which case they wouldn't be able to change this settings. That's
> clearly not optimal.

No, but until we either fix WEXT or add this stuff to cfg80211, we
shouldn't be adding stuff to iwpriv, because every driver that uses
iwpriv does the shit differently, and that just sucks.

So obviously we need to fix WEXT; but if you don't want to wait until
then, I'd suggest debugfs.  Because if/when support for diversity in
cfg80211/WEXT comes out, I'm gonna be the first person to rip out the
iwpriv ioctls.

Dan