MuRata WiFi Module with Marvell 88w8686

Holger Schurig hs4233 at mail.mn-solutions.de
Thu Jun 19 02:48:41 EDT 2008

> Yes, my fw doesn't support mesh. Will it cause trouble if I
> use this driver?

No, it wont. This here:

> libertas: PREP_CMD: command 0x00a3 failed: 2
> libertas: PREP_CMD: command 0x00a3 failed: 2

Is only cosmetical. If you don't like, you can go and change in
main.c the function lbs_start_card(). Here I check for my
firmware and don't start/initialize mesh at all.

So you can disable mesh based on the firmware version.

We could disable mesh via a module parameter (e.g. "modprobe
libertas mesh=0") as well. Patch welcome :-)

A nice patch that disables all of mesh with a Kconfig option (and
thus reduces the size of libertas.ko considerable) would get an
ACK from me :-)

If both patches would be in, I'd even remove the explicit testing
of firmware versions, otherwise we end up with a ton of firmware
numbers that support this or that.