8686 with SDIO on AT91SAM9263

Hans-Jürgen Koch hjk at linutronix.de
Fri Jan 25 06:34:59 EST 2008

Am Fri, 25 Jan 2008 08:23:32 +0100
schrieb Marc Pignat <marc.pignat at hevs.ch>:

> > So, it seems to be a problem in at91_mci. Anyway, I'd like to
> > consider this a bug in libertas as well. From the code, I think the
> > intention was to reqeue a failed command, and abort after a maximum
> > retry count. This doesn't happen, ATM I have to kill modprobe
> > manually...
> Nice, this is exactly what I suspected, patches follow.

Hi Marc,
thanks for your patches, I applied and tested them. Unfortunately, they
don't change anything. But during my test I noticed an interesting
effect: _After_ I kill modprobe and insmod manually, lbs_start_card()
finishes! An eth1 "Marvell WLAN 802.11 adapter" is registered and can
be brought up. It doesn't work, though. iwconfig hangs when trying to
access it, and my serial console where I started modprobe hangs, too.
But ssh still works, and top shows no significant cpu activity.

All this happens with or without your patches.

Any ideas how these effects can be explained?

Thanks,
Hans