[GIT *] Clean up most of libertas endianness braindamage

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue May 22 00:43:44 EDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-05-15 at 12:01 +0800, David Woodhouse wrote:
> At http://git.infradead.org/?p=users/dwmw2/libertas-2.6.git I've made an
> attempt to clean up most of the obvious breakage of the libertas driver
> on BE machines.
>
> Now I don't get the simple and obvious failures on PPC like rejecting
> the firmware -- I get a spinlock deadlock instead, which I shall
> investigate when I get home and have more time (and BE machines with
> serial console).

The spinlock deadlock was caused by byte-swapping a length argument then
memcpying a very silly amount of data, thus obliterating certain
spinlocks along with other large swathes of kernel memory.

What's in the main libertas git tree now works on ppc, at least for
basic IPv6 and Legacy IP operation. The rest of it will need more
testing.

--
dwmw2