[LEDE-DEV] Espressobin mvebu64

Tomasz Maciej Nowak tomek_n at o2.pl
Mon Jan 8 10:05:58 PST 2018

Hi,

> Hi Hauke,
>
> On Friday 05 January 2018 11:33 PM, Hauke Mehrtens wrote:
>> I have never looked at the OpenWrt fork provided by Marvell, but I got
>> OpenWrt master working on the espressobin with kernel 4.14. It only has
>> a low number of patches mainly for the other mvebu broads and for sfp
>> support.
>>
>> You can find my git tree here:
>> https://git.lede-project.org/?p=openwrt/staging/hauke.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/mvebu-4.14
>>
>> Tomasz did some additional extensions to it see here:
>> https://github.com/tmn505/source/commits/espressobin
>
> That sounds great!
>
> I will try building both of them and report back.
>
> Is the built 64 bits? Any tentative plans to bring it to mainstream
> OpenWrt please?
>
> Regards,
> Nishant

I updated my tree from the previous time You probably saw it. Most of
the features are complete. It requires to edit U-Boot environment with
this value:
bootcmd=load mmc 0:1 0x4d00000 boot.scr; source 0x4d00000
With that it should boot without manual intervention.

What is left out:
a) mini PCIe shouldn't work ATM here are some patches:
https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/cover/819585
You should omit the last one,
b) booting from other mediums than SD card,
c) sysupgrade on other mediums than SD card.

I'll appreciate any feedback.

--
Regards, Tomasz