[LEDE-DEV] LEDE Intel Galileo Gen 2 port

p.wassi at gmx.at p.wassi at gmx.at
Mon Jan 1 01:33:52 PST 2018

Hi perillamint,

thanks for your effort on getting LEDE run on Galileo.

> Recently I got few Galileo Gen 2 boards from Seeed studio clearance. I
> tried to boot OpenWRT on them and successfully booted it with some hacks.
> (...)
> Intel discontinues Galileo and other boards. No one will be able to get
> fresh new Galileo boards from Intel.

Galileo itself may be discontinued, but there are other devices based on
Galileo that are not. Here, I'm having a Siemens IOT2040 [1] which is an
"Industrial IoT Gateway". That thing is based on Galileo gen2 and distributors
started shipping a few months ago - so *not* outdated.

The device comes with Yocto Linux, but I'd be much happier seeing it running
LEDE/OpenWrt :-) If you have patches - even in a not-so-clean state - I'd try
them on the IOT2040 here.
Recently, I've checked [2] and made a diff to OpenWrt but have seen, that the
built code is based upon linux 3.18, so the kernel there's quite old. Since
then I have put that project aside. (So many other things to do...)

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Best regards,
P. Wassi

[1]: