[LEDE-DEV] replacing files in base system from a package?

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Tue Oct 4 00:59:36 PDT 2016

>>>>> "Karl" == Karl Palsson <karlp at tweak.net.au> writes:

Karl> What's the "new" way of doing this? In the past, in OpenWrt CC and
Karl> before, a package could install files like /etc/banner and
Karl> /etc/inittab that were provided by the base-files package. It was
Karl> always listed as "unreliable" as apparently you couldn't rely on
Karl> the order. In practice it actually worked just fine.

Fwiw, I ran into trouble with things busybox provides by default, but
where I've add packages with fuller versions.  In my case it is
procps-ng from the packages feed.  In order to stop it complaining, I
need to de-select the conflicting busybox options.  What I've done
instead, locally, is just revert this commit:

  021b96d7c5c668fbcb5375c65cee90832bb2854f

Hopefully, nothing significant breaks as a result.

--
Russell Senior, President
russell at personaltelco.net