[LEDE-DEV] replacing files in base system from a package?

Alberto Bursi alberto.bursi at outlook.it
Mon Oct 3 12:46:51 PDT 2016

On 10/03/2016 03:26 PM, Karl Palsson wrote:
> What's the "new" way of doing this? In the past, in OpenWrt CC
> and before, a package could install files like /etc/banner and
> /etc/inittab that were provided by the base-files package. It was
> always listed as "unreliable" as apparently you couldn't rely on
> the order. In practice it actually worked just fine.
>
> What's the currently accepted mechanism for including replacement
> files in a custom build?
>
> Sincerely,
> Karl Palsson

What I've found so far for my own project is that a script in
/files/etc/uci-defaults folder in source folder should work.
Anyway scripts in /etc/uci-defaults (from any source) are called on
first boot and apply configuration changes on device, just look at the
ones you have already there in the rootfs.

-Albert