[LEDE-DEV] LED naming convention

p.wassi at gmx.at p.wassi at gmx.at
Tue Nov 15 23:21:50 PST 2016

Hi,

as I've been working on changes for kirkwood/board.d/01_leds:

Previously, for ar71xx or ramips, I've been told to name LEDs like
before that, they were
<manufacturer>:<color>:<function> (2)
(And we also renamed those of (2) in order to fit (1))

On target kirkwood, some LEDs are named by upstream kernel DTS files.
E.g. arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-dockstar.dts names the Dockstar's LEDs
status:green:health and status:orange:fault

When I look at other boards, which have their LEDs named by upstream kernel, I see
that even in kernel this is not consistent.
Is it acceptable to patch kernel-dts through our local quilt in order to match (1)?
Maybe this would be accepted upstream too, since it's currently not consistent.

Best regards,
P. Wassi