[LEDE-DEV] Compiling ar71xx/generic/wrt400n does not lead to installable packages

Yousong Zhou yszhou4tech at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 05:35:59 PDT 2016

On 31 July 2016 at 19:31, Frank Horowitz <frank at horow.net> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Going through the “make menuconfig” then “make” procedure does not lead to an installable *sysupgrade.bin or *factory.bin”. I’ll also note that this device is missing from the project’s downloads website.
>
> Compiling with “-j1 V=s” leads to a couple of easily worked around errors (nfsv4 kernel module and some mesh routing packages) but the result is still that the installable packages are missing at the end.
>
> I’m happy to try and chase down what the blocker is, but I need some guidance as to where in the build system such problem are likely to lie.
>
> Cheers,
>         Frank Horowitz

Very likely that it's caused by the kernel getting oversized (see
Image/Build/WRT400N in target/linux/ar71xx/image/legacy.mk).  HiWiFi
HC6361 encountered this before [1] and now it's workarounded by using
mtdsplit [2].

[1] http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/lede-dev/2016-June/001121.html
[2] http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/lede-dev/2016-June/001448.html

Cheers,