[LEDE-DEV] DMARC related mass bounces / disabled subscriptions

Michael Richardson mcr at sandelman.ca
Wed Dec 14 06:29:18 PST 2016

Jo-Philipp Wich <jo at mein.io> wrote:
    > a recent mailing list post from a DMARC enabled domain caused a large
    > flood of bounces from various mail providers, causing an automatic
    > disabling of about 190 subscriptions [1].

Thank you for taking care of this.

Do you think that the From: could be other than:
   First Last via LIST <list at example.com>

because auto-learning address books are going to then associate
list at example.com with "First Last"<auto-complete>.  I'm only complaining
publically because your action will clue others into this setting and people
will follow your leadership.

It would be nice if we had a header that said "do not auto-learn this
address", too bad the IETF DMARC has been so slow.

It would be great if it could say instead:
   LIST forward from First Last <list at example.com>

which I admit won't sort as well.