makedumpfile fails on SGI machine

Bernhard Walle bwalle at suse.de
Thu Jul 31 04:47:26 EDT 2008

* Ken'ichi Ohmichi [2008-07-31 10:46]:
> Bernhard Walle wrote:
> > After debugging that, I didn't find an error code. That address is in
> > fact the beginning of the mem_map of that node, and is in fact not
> > mapped (I verified that in crash).
> >
> > With an older kernel and an older makedumpfile it succeeds.
>
> I'd like to know whether this problem is due to the makedumpfile
> regression or either the unsupported kernel. Could you please
> fill the following items ?

* Problematic condition
  kernel version: 2.6.26
  makedumpfile version: 1.2.7

* Successful condition
  kernel version: 2.6.16.60 (SLES kernel)
  makedumpfile version: 1.1.4 (SLES 10 SP2 version, but in fact that is
                               1.1.4 although -v displays something
                               different ;-))

> And could you please test the combination of successful kernel
> and problematic makedumpfile(1.2.7) ?

That works. Seems to be some kernel change.

Bernhard
--
Bernhard Walle, SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Architecture Development