Possible feature(tte) for eapol_test

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Jul 25 09:39:14 PDT 2023

  RFC 6929 defines an OID syntax for attributes.  https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6929.html#section-2.7.2

> For example, send the VSA of 'Cisco-AVPair="foo=bar"'.
>
> Existing approach:
>
> -N 26:x:000000090109666f6f3d626172

  I would suggest:

-N 26.9.1:s:foo=bar

  There needs to be special handling for 26, that the next field is a 32-bit vendor ID.

  But after that, the code could assume that "-N ...n.m..." is just a TLV "n" with sub-TLV "m", in 8-bit form.   That would cover the bulk of the VSAs.

  It should arguably still allow

	-N 26:x:...

  Alan DeKok.